Friday, August 12, 2011

No, for real....DIY!




For the past 3 Summers (or so) I have patted myself on the back for being so brave.  Courageous enough to take some of my fav vintage dresses, cut and crop them.....MYSELF! DIY!  The first time I did it, I was so scarred.  I feared ruining a perfectly great piece, by cutting it too short or too crooked.  But alas, I have had pretty good and consistent luck.
I think what draws me to vintage dresses, is the unique personality each piece brings.  If its not the shape, or super dope pattern, its some sort of random extra bit~like a tassel, cute fabric buttons on the shoulder, or like in this case---the most adorable bib flap that ties to the side, not to mention the funkiest pattern, printed on the lightest silk ever! Perfect for the summer! 

what I'm rocking: DIY vintage dress (Edmonton, Alberta find!), 3 year old F21 gladiators, sunglasses Free People, rose gold Marc Jacobs watch, cross body bag Marc Jacobs.

1 comment:

  1. You look stunning love the outfit

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete